BEACHES GO GREEN AMBASSADOR SCHOLARSHIP
2023 Green Ambassador Scholarship
The Beaches Go Green organization will award two annual Beaches Go Green GREEN AMBASSADOR Scholarships to deserving high school or current college students; each valued at $2,500.00. The Beaches Go Green Scholarship Advisory Committee will select the awarded recipients based on criteria outlined in the scholarship guidelines. The Beaches Go Green GREEN AMBASSADOR Scholarships will be paid one time to each award recipient directly to an accredited post-secondary educational institution as described as Internal Revenue Code 170(b)(1)(A)(ii). Scholarship funds will be applied exclusively for tuition, books, on-campus room and board, fees, supplies, and equipment required for courses at such institutions.
The Beaches Go Green GREEN AMBASSADOR Scholarships will be awarded to students who are exemplified as making a significant impact on the environment through education, programs executed, implemented initiatives and/or takes actions that drive the Beaches Go Green Mission. Those that are awarded will stand out as advocating stewards of our planet.
- Applications are accepted only from January 31, 2023-March 31, 2023. There are no exceptions for a submission after the deadline.
- Award announcements will be made May 1, 2023. Recipients will be notified by phone and will be mailed an official award letter.
- Three references will be required as part of the submission. The Beaches Go Green Scholarship Advisory Committee will contact each reference as part of the validation process of the submission. No more than one reference may be a family member of the submitter.
- The Scholarship application form must be completed in its entirety to be eligible.
- The submission must show in writing, photos, podcast, video and/or a movie how they made a significant environmental impact and why they deserve to earn the Beaches Go Green GREEN AMBASSADOR Scholarship.
- Recipients of the Beaches Go Green GREEN AMBASSADOR Scholarships may be members of the Beaches Go Green School Club Program; however, students outside of the club program who meet all required criteria are also eligible.
- Recipients must be currently enrolled in high school or a post-secondary institution.
Applications for 2023 are closed.
Natalie won $2,500 to attend Florida State University in the fall.
Lucas won $2,500 to attend Florida State University in the fall.
Melissa won $2,500 to attend the University of North Florida in the fall.
Walker won $2,500 to attend Yale in the fall.