Our Beaches Go Green School Club Mission
The mission of the Beaches Go Green High School club is to provide environmental education to students who act as green ambassadors and teach those same eco-friendly lessons to their peers & partnered elementary & middle schools. In addition, BGG provides other volunteer opportunities to students through our Beaches Go Green (BGG at large) events. These events can be counted toward official service hours needed for many group requirements & scholarships.
Beaches Go Green will strongly support the right schools to spread education and awareness in our community. We understand that it takes strong, organized student leaders as well as an engaged and active teacher sponsor. It is also critical to have support from the school administration. BGG is limiting the number of clubs due to the amount of resources and management required to execute successful programs. We would love to discuss launching at YOUR SCHOOL. Please consider the following guidelines then email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Approval and support from school administration, including the willingness to excuse club members and teacher sponsors from a few class hours per semester in order to present eco-friendly lessons at partnered schools.
- Approval and support from a very active teacher sponsor(s) - due to the class time/teaching time missed presenting to the partnered elementary schools. We have found it beneficial to have more than one teacher sponsor so that they can alternate. At least one teacher sponsor is required to attend club presentations off campus with the club students per most school administration rules.
- Strong and VERY active student leaders to run the club. The best student leaders will be organized, proactive, outgoing, inclusive of many types of students, willing to learn and willing to be supported.
- Members should expect to be active and ALL members will be expected to contribute to supporting the mission. Student BGG Clubs can coordinate additional activities for the club, within guidelines of the school, like community and beach cleanups, educational "Movies that Matter," partnerships/cooperation with other clubs within the school and other BGG clubs at other schools, and other eco-friendly initiatives within the school, etc.
- An engaged parent liaison to help students and assist with follow up and planning, is requested (to work along with teacher sponsor as desired by teacher sponsor).
- Students are expected to establish partnerships with at least two local elementary schools to spread educational messaging. BGG can help with this too!
Other Things to Consider
- What approval does your school require to start a club?
- When is your FALL club fair?
- Do you have a teacher sponsor that would agree to support you?
- Are you willing to be an officer? We generally need 1-2 officers to start a club then students would hold elections for other positions.
- Are there any like-minded clubs at your school that you could partner with to increase your environmental reach?
CONTACT BBG (email@example.com)
APPROVED BY SCHOOL
plan & launch at school fair